May Virtual Tasting
Try some wine with your veggies
May 11, 2022 5:00 pm (mountain) / 7:00 pm (eastern)
A successful pairing between wine and vegetables needs to consider both the type of vegetable and the way it is prepared.
Purchase the Wine
Lenz Moser Heuriger Veltliner ($10.97)
Kremstal, Austria- Fresh and expressive, with citrus, floral and mineral flavors that linger in the mouth. It practically invites you to have a second glass. A very pretty fragrance, and the palate is remarkably salty and expressive.
Jadot Macon Villages Chardonnay ($13)
Pairing with root vegetables and mushrooms.
Macon-Villages, Burgundy, France- This fresh, brilliant pale-gold Chardonnay shows delicate varietal aromas with flavors of apple and melon offset by citrus notes and a crisp acidic balance ending in a clean, lively finish
Jadot Bourgogne Pinot Noir ($15.99)
Pairing with ‘marrow’ type vegetable dishes (squash, pumpkin).
Bourgogne, France- Light garnet with brick rim. Clean nose, showing moderately intense aromas of baking spices, earth, raspberries, some kirsch and forest floor. Aromas of spiced plum compote on the palate with a slight peppery, vegetal hint.
Marchese Di Borgosole Salice Salentino Riserva ($13)
Ever wanted to try Italian wine but didn’t know where to start? Here’s your chance to get your hands on an easy-drinking, highly rated gem. Each sip is full of cherry, thyme, and lavender flavors that work well all on their own or paired with a delicious grilled tomato bruschetta.
Pairing Wines with Food
Try out the pairing advice with a variety of vegetable dishes that should go with at least 2 different wines. You can use some of the following suggestions:
With our white wines
- Green Leafy Vegetable Based Salad
- Vegetable Samosas
- Asparagus in Lemon Based Sauce (Aioli)
- Pesto Sauce with Raw Veggies or Pasta
- Polenta with Roasted Veggies (also pairs well with the Pinot Noir)
- Popcorn, Potato Chips
- Veggies with Cream or Cheese Sauces
- Stir Fried Veggies
With our red wines:
- Pizza (Veggie Lovers with Tomato Sauce)
- Spaghetti with Marinara Sauce
- Vegetable Quesadillas
- Risotto – Veggie with Cheese Sauce
- Potato or Sweet Potato dishes
- Veggie Burgers
- Vegetarian Lasagna
- Roasted Vegetables
Preparation for the Event
- Tasting Glasses – you will need 4 identical clear wine glasses with stems.
- A computer equipped with a camera and speakers (and/or a headset)
- A pencil or pen to complete your tasting form
- A white background for evaluation. This can be a napkin or a blank piece of paper
- A glass of water
- A spit bucket, wine opener (or Coravin if you have one)
- Print out the tasting form and the tasting reference.